Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 20: Tempe por un translado mas

Familia!

So the calls came in and I'm in Tempe again! I'm pretty stoked. I have come to love this area, and I feel like a lot is going on. It has been awesome to see as we have come in this area with nothing going on to where it is now. It has been cool to see the trust building with our investigators as well. I have been able to see a family go from saying, "We are Catholic, we don't want to change," to the mother now making sure that her kids are reading from the Book of Mormon nearly every day. It is awesome to see the Lord work through us to affect the lives of people and I am just thankful that I can be here for at least one transfer more.

This week Elder Callaway's (one of the AP's) companion went home and so one of the days he was companion less he went on exchanges with me. The life of an AP is a little crazy haha. We spent all day driving around the mission doing errands, definitely a different type of missionary work... Most days for them are different and they are actually able to teach and work in their area, but the day I went with him was just full of driving. On the plus side however, I was able to see nearly all of the mission. We went to all but like three of the zones in the Tempe Mission and a little bit in the Mesa mission. So now I kind of have an idea of everywhere I could serve. It all looks about the same, dry and hot haha but I'm sure I will love wherever I go.

The past couple weeks have been pretty awesome. Pretty much the whole time I have been here we have been teaching individuals. Teaching individual people is good, don't get me wrong, but Elder Hernandez and I really wanted to find some families to teach. I know how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ has helped our family grow closer together and I really have wanted to share it with some families here in Tempe. So, we have been praying a lot to find some families and the past couple weeks we found four families who have a lot of desire to learn more. It is just awesome to see how our prayers are answered. God truly does want to know about our lives, and as we pray and ask for things, they really will be given. It is something that I have seen throughout my whole life, but especially here on the mission. As we do our part to live righteous lives, God will do his part to bless us with the things that we need.

Also this week we picked up a new investigator who was already on date for baptism. Ya, crazy stuff. Her name is Lindsey and she is an ASU cheerleader....ya, pretty cool...haha. Anyway, she was learning from the Elders in the singles ward, but they found out that she was married so they transferred her to us. It is just another testimony builder to me of how we are really doing the Lord's work. She randomly came to church one day in the singles ward on ASU campus and said that she wanted to be baptized. She had truly been prepared by the Lord to receive so much more that the Gospel has to offer. She has gone through some things in her life that have prepared her for this moment. It is just really humbling to see how I am here just as a tool in the Lords hands. I go where he wants me to go and do as he wants me to do. As I promise to do this, he will place the prepared in my path. This truly is the Lord's work and it is awesome to be a part of it.

Even with all of these things, the highlight of the week was being able to eat with Erik and Dawn. I think the last time I saw them was a year and a half ago when we went to Florida. Liam is HUGE haha. I was surprised at how much he has grown. I guess I have only seen pictures of him, but he has really grown. And then Elizabeth is still cute as ever. I don't know if I have ever had the chance to spend time with them just me and their family and it was awesome. Erik said that our Cruise to Jamaica is already planned for August 2014 so that is good to hear....haha. Its a good idea though????? Anyway, it was super good to see them and spend time with them. Hopefully we can do it some other time before my mission is over.

I love you all, take care. The Gospel is true and when we center our lives on it we have more happiness than through any other means.

Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier

No comments:

Post a Comment