Familia!
Well, I guess the summer has started... all week it got up into the 90s. I think I'm going to die haha, but I'm sure I will adjust to it.
So each transfer we have the opportunity to go to the temple. We usually go in the middle of the transfer, so it is broken up pretty nice. Its super nice to be able to go because usually there are 3 or 4 different zones that go as well. This time when we went, the Tempe Zone was there as well, so I was able to see Elder Niederhauser again. Man, I miss that guy. He told me some pretty crazy stuff though. So while I was in Tempe, there was a member, Allan, who's girlfriend wasn't a member. We got to know them pretty well and spent a lot of time teaching them both. They have a daughter together and then they had a baby that was just born this month, and guess what they named her..... Jadon Kevin HAHAHAHA. Elder Niederhauser's first name is Jadon and then they used my name as the middle name. Pretty awesome. I have never had anyone named after me. Probably wouldn't be my first choice for a girl name, but hey, its an honor!
As well, this week we were able to have the baptism of Hermana Porraz. Her husband has been a member for about three years and she has never really had a desire to join. A couple of weeks we went over to her place and reviewed the baptismal interview questions with her (The questions they ask all investigators before their baptism to make sure that the missionaries did their job) and she had a testimony of everything. We extended a date for baptism for this last Saturday and everything worked out perfect. Coming from Tempe, I am used to working in a ward; but here in Casa Grande, they only have a branch. There are very few members in the branch, and so not too many of them were able to come to the baptism, but we had an awesome turn out of non-members. We had about 9 investigators there and about 10 members, it was pretty awesome. I'm way glad that so many non-members were able to come and feel the spirit found in a baptismal service. It is truly something that can be found no where else. Every time I am able to see someone enter into the waters of baptism, the spirit always testifies of the truthfulness of this work, that Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and Jesus Christ, and that through him the authority was restored back to the earth. At every baptism, the spirit testifies of these truths, and I am so thankful that there were so many investigators there to be able to feel of the power of the restored gospel.
Yesterday we had probably one of the craziest dinner appointments that I have ever had. We were with the Wilsons, a family from Georgia, and the Nautu family from Samoa. Dale Wilson cooked us "Some good 'ol southern cookin' " and the Nautus fixed us a huge Samoan roast. So, I was able to get a little sample of Bryce's mission and then a little bit from Samoa. One of my goals on my mission is not to get fat, but eating these meals, especially at the same time....its going to be tough haha. Either way though, its awesome to be able to work in an area where there is such a variety of people, definitely makes for an interesting time.
Next week we have a couple more baptisms coming up. It is truly amazing to be on a mission at this time. The Lord truly is preparing people and placing them in our path. Especially with Arizona getting two new missions, I know that there is a lot of work here to be done. I am thankful every day for the chance that I have to share with people things that are so dear and close to my heart; that families truly can be together forever, that even though the world is filled with darkness you can find the light we all need in the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has been amazing to see peoples lives change completely as they turn unto Christ and it is such an honor to be a small part of this work.
I love you all! Take care!
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment