Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 43: Coolidge for Life

Familia!
Well transfer calls came last night and it looks like I'm staying in Coolidge, I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm not sure who my new companion will be because Elder Wheeler is headed home today, but I will find out Wednesday. I will be staying in the Tempe Mission which is awesome. I'm excited for all of the new changes coming up. Our mission has Ipads and Iphones in a few areas and it should be mission wide here pretty soon. 

The Lord is definitely hastening his work using all of the tools we have been given. Last night we also found out that we are getting another companionship here in Coolidge. It is something that Elder Wheeler and I have been working towards for a long time. The joys about serving here in Coolidge are that there are so many humble people who are honestly searching for more light and knowledge in their lives. It is true, Coolidge is a small town that seems to have a lot of problems. There are a lot of people here who are living really difficult lives, but I know that this is why they are so teachable. I know that we have trials and challenges in our lives so that we can be prepared for more. I have definitely been able to see this be true in the people's lives in Coolidge. I'm excited that we get to double our efforts here in this little city, I know that it will bring a lot of miracles.

This week especially I have been so thankful for the promptings from the Holy Ghost. I know that the promptings of the Holy Ghost are usually subtle, but they are real and they are powerful. It has been super hard lately to get a hold of the Padron Family. They are definitely one of those families that it living a super difficult life. They have had a lot of family trouble lately and have kind of been house hopping as they have been trying to figure things out. Well, Elder Wheeler and I hadn't seen Michael for nearly a week. Wednesday morning as we were getting ready to leave our home we knelt down to say a prayer. In the prayer I said, "Heavenly Father, we really need to find Michael today. Please lead us and help us know where we can go to find him." With that we closed the prayer and headed out for the day. During the afternoon we headed over to Michael's apartment and once again he wasn't there. As we headed on with the rest of our day we stopped by quite a few of our investigators but nearly all of our appointments canceled. As our last set appointment canceled for the afternoon, we decided that we would go to one of our investigators house that I thought lived pretty close. Not knowing that they lived several blocks away I suggested that we walked. Even though it was 105 outside, and knowing that it would be about a 10 minute walk, Elder Wheeler just said alright and we headed on our way.

Originally we planned to just make a huge L to get to our investigator's home, but we decided to take a different path than we would've usually taken. As we started walking down this path we walked passed a house that looked like it had Michael's van in its driveway. We decided that we would just go knock on the door to see if it was him. When we knocked on the door, Michael's kids opened the door and all came out to greet us. Michael came out shortly after and said, "I was actually just thinking about you two and wanted you to stop by but I had no way to get ahold of you. I'm glad you stopped by." I know that it wasn't coincidence that we stumbled upon that house that day at that time. I've heard people say that coincidence is God's way of remaining unknown. I truly know that Elder Wheeler and I were guided there that day at that time for a reason.

I know that sometimes we may not realize it, but as we are living the commandments the Holy Ghost truly does lead and guide us in nearly all of our decisions. I am so grateful for these experiences that I have had on the mission. I know that this is the Lords work and he truly does lead and guide it. I continue to look forward to the day when this wonderful family can be baptized together. It will take some time to work things out, but I know with God's help, all is possible. I love you all!

Con amor, Elder Jurgensmeier

No comments:

Post a Comment