Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 46: July 8

Familia!

20 Years old...that's insane....It just feels like yesterday that we were all living at home. Man, time is flying! Also this week we met President Toone, our new mission president... That man is HUGE! I honestly think that was the first time I have hugged anyone bigger than me. I guess it helped me understand how all of you feel. Sorry if I ever made you feel like an infant... haha. Not only is a 7 footer, but he is a spiritual giant. I am blessed to be serving in this mission with him.

Turning 20 has made me think a lot about my life, especially the things that are most important to me. I've thought a lot about who I have become and where I am at today. Today as I was thinking, I think the most profound thing that I have learned in these 20 years is a simple truth that I was taught as a child. That I am a Son of God. What a powerful statement. My potentials are truly limitless. I know that we are each children of a loving Father In Heaven. He wants us to experience Joy in our lives and I definitely know that Joy is what I have felt while being on my mission. I truly wouldn't want to be any other place. I know that I am exactly where God wants me to be. I know that for right now, Coolidge Arizona is my temporary home, and I'm stoked to be spending my birthday here. I think one of my favorite things about this area is the people. Whether its the members or non members alike, the people here in Coolidge are amazing. Its true, some are definitely nicer than others, but the others provide for the good stories haha. Either way, its an amazing place.

We continued to be super busy this week teaching lessons. There are so many people here in Coolidge that are searching for the Gospel, and it is awesome to see. It seems like with each and every person we are teaching, no matter how perfect their lives make look on the outside, each and every one of them are having internal battles. Especially this week we have been able to focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how infinite it is. One of our investigators especially had lost a lot of hope. For a long time he has been fighting to give up drinking. He doesn't like the man that he is as he drinks and he knows that it isn't the man that he wants to be, but he said no matter how hard he tries, it seems like he can never get it out of his life. We were able to talk a lot about Christ's life with him, especially when he was heading to the Garden of Gethsemane. As Christ headed towards this time in His life, He knew that it would be difficult, He knew that it would hurt, He knew that He would suffer. As He approached the Garden knowing exactly the things that He needed to do, He started to doubt himself. We talked to this investigator about how sometimes in our lives we begin to doubt ourselves as well, but as we look back to Christ's life he set the perfect example in what to do. The moment that Christ started to doubt his ability, He knelt down and offered a pray. He said Father, I can't do this, I'm not strong enough, nevertheless, not my will, but thine. As he finished his prayer, instantly an Angel came down to comfort him and give him strength. Just as Christ was able to overcome that enormous task, I know that each and every one of us can overcome our enormous trials that arise. That is why the Atonement was performed. Not to just overcome our sins and death, but to help us overcome our personal trials.

I've been able to see on my mission time and time again the powers that the Atonement has. It truly is infinite, there truly is nothing impossible with Christ. I think in my 20 years this is one of the most important things that I have learned as well. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I know that I can become the Son that God wants me to be. I know that as we put our Faith in Christ and act upon that faith, we will receive that strength to push forward. I know that our investigator will be able to overcome this challenge. I know that as Christ had difficult times, so will we, but I also know that when those times arise, many times angels will come to give us the strength that we don't have. I am thankful for all of you. Many times, you were my angels who gave me the strength that I didn't think I had. You are all truly angels in my life and I am so thankful to have been raised in such an amazing family.

Love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier

No comments:

Post a Comment