Thursday, November 14, 2013

Week 63: Ipads!

Familia!

iPads. Are. Amazing. I remember when dad first got his iPad he said, "You can quote me on this. One day missionaries all over the world will have these things."....something along those lines. Well Dad, your prophesy came true. It is amazing all of the different things that we can do now. Our planner, area book, and the entire gospel library fit right into our hand. In our lessons now we are able to use videos, and now we can teach over Skype. So, get finding! I want to teach member present lessons with each of you :)

With all of the iPad training that came up, we were pretty busy traveling around the mission getting everyone lined up with their new devices. From Monday to Friday we were traveling the mission to do the training. On Monday we met here in Tempe with the entire Mission Leadership so that they would already be trained as we went to each of their zones to train later in the week. Elder Kleopfer had pneumonia, and so clearly he wasn't feeling too great, so I took him to President and Sister Toone's house so that he could get some rest while his companion was receiving the training. It was awesome to be able to sit with him for a couple of hours and just reminisce on the time that has gone by. Its cool to see how present God's hand is in our lives as we look back on the past. I owe so much to Elder Kleopfer and all of the friends that I had around me while I was growing up. I think its amazing to see how God put us all together so that we could help one another stay strong in the Gospel. Now, many of us are serving missions and helping people all over the world come to know the Restored Gospel of Christ. It is amazing to be a part of this great work, especially with my great friends.

Throughout the rest of the week, we spent a lot of time traveling throughout the mission and ended up down in Yuma where we finished the last training. Our mission became the 5th mission in the world to be completely electronic... pretty awesome.

Also while we were in Yuma I was able to cross off three huge things off of my mission bucket list. 1)Stay in a Hotel 2)Go to California 3)Go to the Sand Dunes where they filmed Star Wars, The Scorpion King, ect. It was SICK! The Dunes were just like dunes in the Sahara. I will send some pics.

As well, this week Elder Oscarson and I had some pretty awesome experiences. It was our first full week on ASU and so we were finally able to get the hang of things a little and get to work. One day as we finished up a lesson at the institute we figured that we would go walk around campus and talk to people. As we walked out the door, one of the first people we saw got a huge smile and walked right up to us. Being right by the institute I though, "Awesome, we will get to know this member and then get on our way." He walked up to us, introduced himself, and said, "What are you two?" haha. Definitely not a member. We took him on a tour of the institute and he signed up for a bunch of classes and activities. It is amazing how God places those who are willing to listen right in our paths. I know that this is His work. I know that He guides and directs each and every one of our lives. As we allow him, He will guide us to do what we need to do, and become exactly who we need to be.

Also, I'm teaching people in Ghana and the Philippians :)

Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier

No comments:

Post a Comment