Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Week 77: Ask and You Shall Receive

Familia!

Well, here we are yet again. We're finally in to February, that time of year when all of the flowers and trees start to bloom, and we finally break out of the cold spell and get up to a nice and cozy 75 degrees. Man January was rough!

This week we had a pretty awesome opportunity. Every once and a while Elder Callister in the Presidency of the 70 comes down to have some meetings with the local members of the 70. As he was here this week he wanted to spend some time to meet with the mission presidents in the valley and their assistants. I was able to learn a lot from that meeting and am thankful for opportunities like this.
 
This week as well, we've had a lot of opportunities to work with the members and our recent converts. This week we were able to go to the Gilbert Open house twice; once with Jasmine and her friends and once with Michelle and her friend. It has been awesome to see Michelle's progress in the last few weeks. Ever since her baptism she has been so excited to share the gospel with everyone. Its incredible to see as others experience the blessings that the gospel brings an instant reaction is to turn outwards and share it with those that are nearest to them. Eric's baptism was supposed to be this weekend but was postponed just for that reason. Many of Eric's friends and family would not have been able to attend his baptism and so he wanted to postpone it another week so that they could be there. He told us, "It would be awesome to have all of the members there to support me at my baptism, but more than that I want my family there. When I'm up there baring my testimony I don't want it to just be to members, I want my family to hear it as well. I want them to understand where I have come from and how I came to know." True conversion is not only bringing yourself to Christ, but helping others along the path as well.

It has been such a blessing to be serving in this area. There aren't many places in the world that you can visit two different temple sites that are only 30 minutes apart. It has been key for our investigators to go to such a sacred spot and to feel of the spirit that is present in the House of the Lord. Wednesday and Thursday we were able to have some pretty special experiences with one of our investigators, Jasmine. We have been meeting with Jasmine for the past two months and she has been one of the most awesome people I have had an opportunity to meet with. Her desire is true, and the efforts she is putting forth to know is incredible. For quite some time now we have had a reservation to the Gilbert Temple Open House scheduled for the 6th of February. Jasmine has been diving into the Book of Mormon and so we thought it would be a really cool to have her past 3rd Nephi 11 by the time we went to the temple. We promised Jasmine that if she did, she would come to know that the Book of Mormon was true. So, there was a lot relying upon this trip, but we had faith and knew that miracles would happen. Wednesday she had read through 3rd Nephi 11 and we went to the Visitors Center at the Mesa Temple. There we watched the Testament so she had both read the coming of Christ to the Americas, and then seen it. After that we went through the family walk through they have that talks about sealing families together for the eternities. After which, we talked a little bit more about temples and their purpose. The next day we went to the open house which was an awesome experience. Elder Oscarson and I had a couple of meetings that we needed to get to later that afternoon, and so we started getting ready for those when Jasmine sent us a message. She told us that she had gone back to the Mesa temple because she was trying to figure things out and wondered if we could come and talk to her. We had a pretty booked afternoon, but we moved everything around and headed over. When we got there we asked Jasmine why she had gone to the temple again and she said, "It was a place I knew I could come and get answers." For the next hour and a half we talked about a lot of different things, but the most memorable part was how powerful the spirit was. That day, Jasmine made a ton of progress and I'm excited for the things to come.

I'm so thankful for the Holy Ghost and the power that it has. There is no greater witness that we can receive than the Spirit of God communicating directly to our spirits. In that line of communication, there is no error. I'm thankful for the promptings that I receive on a daily basis. I truly know that as we ask, answers come.

I love you all, thanks for everything you're doing!

Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier

No comments:

Post a Comment