Familia!
This week was one to remember, that's for sure. Conference was incredible. There really is no better way to end a week than to hear from the prophet and apostles.
Since conference was coming up we wanted to prepare all of our investigators and recent converts as best we could. I found it was the most prepared that I have ever been as well. We spent a lot of time meeting with Jasmine this week to prepare for conference and it was definitely worth it. We talked about the role conference plays in our life, read a couple of talks, talked about different ways to prepare, we tried to do everything we could think of. She even decided that all week when she would usually be listening to music she would listen to conference talks. We promised Jasmine that President Monson would speak about something that would be specific to her, something that she needed specifically at that point in her life. Since day one Jasmine has talked about how important it is to "Love God, Love everyone else, and nothing else matters." Pretty incredible that President Monson spoke the entire time about that isn't it. Before conference started, Jasmine said that she was just so torn inside. She has been being pulled in two directions for the past 4 months and she had no idea what she needed to do. She said that she just wanted to finally feel some peace. As President Monson closed the conference he said, "May God bless you, may His promised peace be with you now and always." Its pretty incredible how powerful conference is. Its amazing that even though its a message given to the entire world, it is designed specifically for each and every one of us. I'm so thankful to have a prophet of God on the earth today.
And so between conference and preparing our investigators for conference, the rest of the time was spent working on the transfer board for transfers this week. I'll tell you what, it was quite the process. Usually transfers seem to go fairly easy, this one was completely opposite. President Toone's vision the entire time has been for Elder Oscarson and I to spend the last two transfers of our mission out in the field training. Well, this transfer coming up being Elder Oscarson's 2nd to last, it was time for him to go. The more we talked about it however, the less right it felt. However, we continued forward with the plan. We moved the entire mission around to where we thought things were right and thought we were pretty much finished by the time Sunday Morning Session of General Conference rolled around. As we met after General Conference, for some reason we still felt really uneasy about it all. We couldn't figure out what it was and it seemed like we moved everyone around in every single position. Still, nothing felt right. As we moved Elder Oscarson back to serving with me, things started to feel a little bit better but still not the confirmation we were seeking for. And then it finally came as we put none other than Elder Kloepfer in a trio companionship with Elder Oscarson and I!! Things are good here in the Arizona Tempe Mission, I'll tell you what. I've always felt like someday Elder Kloepfer and I would serve together, but I didn't really want to say anything to President Toone to sway his opinion one way or another, I always wanted it to be something that was straight from God. Who would have known that little 'ol Keane and Kevin would one day be serving together as Elder Kloepfer and Elder Jurgensmeier. I'm stoked! I know that good things are in store. There is a ton I know I have to learn from both Elder Kloepfer and Elder Oscarson, I know that miracles are going to happen.
I love you all! Thank you for all your prayer!
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment