Familia!
Well, it looks like my time here is up. The last 9 months of my mission have been some of the most rewarding months of my life. We have transfers this week and President Toone is sending me back out into the field, I'm STOKED! I've loved being an assistant for President. It has truly opened my eyes and deepened my understanding and conversion, but man I cannot wait to get out and just focus on my proselyting area. It'll be a blast, I'll tell you what.
I'm going back to Casa Grande! With not one, but two brand new missionaries! I'll also be serving as a District Leader. Between serving as a District Leader and training two new missionaries I'm not going to have much time to think haha but I can't think of any better way to finish my mission. Several of the people I was able to teach during the short time I was in Casa Grande are now preparing to enter the temple. It was such a blessing to be a part of their journey as they prepared for baptism and now it'll be a huge blessing as I can take part in helping them prepare to make further covenants in the temple. These people have changed my life and I know there is much more that I can learn from them.
With transfer preparation this last week plus a few other meetings we had, we weren't able to get into our area all too much, but it has been incredible to see the miracles that have happened throughout our mission. June 23, 2013 was the Work of Salvation broadcast where they talked about all of the changes going to happen. As they have several times they put more of a focus on members and missionaries becoming united in the work of our Savior. They also mentioned the different technological advances that were going to take place. They talked about a few more items, but all of it fit together under the overall theme of the hastening of the work. I remember my thoughts and feelings as I sat hearing President Monson testify of the work that was going to be taking place. Nearly two years since the lowering of the age for missionaries and a year after the world wide broadcast, I am a witness of the many miracles that have happened. Before our mission split last July we covered 34 stakes. When our mission split in July we were nearly split in a third now only covering 13 stakes. When I became an assistant in October, we sat down with President to see how we were doing as a mission. We knew that we were reaching far lower than our potential and knew that with our Heavenly Father's help, there was much more that we could do. We set some specific goals and plans to allow us to stretch and grow. When our mission had 34 stakes there were about 100 baptisms per month and about 500 lessons with a member present per week. In the year 2014 as this month came to a close we ended with 95 baptisms and over 700 lessons with a member present this week in nearly a third of the units that we had a year ago. I remember as we sat down with President discussing the potential that we had been given as a mission. I understood the vision, I understood the plans, but I could've never imagined all the miracles that we have witnessed. This is the Lord's work, of this I know and testify. As we became more united as a mission and sought to reach to the unknown, lives were affected, conversion is taking place, and more and more souls are coming unto Christ. This work has changed my life. I know as President Monson stated that the work of our Savior is hastening. Now more than ever there are people searching for Him. I'm thankful that for 6 more weeks I have an opportunity to be a full time representative of Him, to continue to help my brothers and sisters learn of his unconditional love and mercy that is extended to us all.
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment