Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 53: The Holy Ghost

Familia! 
What a week in Phoenix! Finally a little bit of rain. The other night we rolled down the windows because it felt so fresh outside and then we checked the temperature.... 89.... You know its hot when 89 feels refreshing haha. 

This week was a pretty busy week. Once again tons of things going on. I really don't think there has been a normal day of this transfer. It always seems like we have something crazy going on. Its good to be busy though, especially when you are able to be busy helping others. It truly is what brings me joy. I'm thankful for the opportunities that I have every single day to serve. We have a lot of things that we are starting up in this area. We just had a meeting with our Bishop yesterday discussing a few of the ideas that we have to help our ward. Our ward is a super special case. We have six full time missionaries serving in our ward, so there is a lot of work that can be done.

I truly learned a ton from the time that I was able to spend in Coolidge. I was able to see the missionary efforts go from missionaries working on one project and members working on another to us combining our efforts and all working towards the Work of Salvation as the brethren call it. It truly was and is amazing to see the changes that have happened in that area.

I know that here in Phoenix as we combine all of our efforts together we will see so many miracles. A couple of days ago Elder Cassiano and I were heading towards a lesson when we saw a few people outside doing yard work. We headed over to their home and asked them if we could help. We started talk about the Gospel and how it blesses families when out of the corner of my eye I saw an older lady walking by on the sidewalk. As I turned and looked at her I felt the most distinct impression, "Talk to her." As I sat there debating, I figured it would be rude to leave the conversation we were in and strike up another, so I figured I would stay. As we continued talking, once again the impression came into my mind, "Talk to her." I sat there reasoning for what seemed like a while, and before I knew it she was nearly a block away, so once again I decided not to go. As our conversation finished up we headed back out to the sidewalk just as I saw this lady turn the corner on another street. Once again the impression came, "Talk to her." I told Elder Cassiano that we needed to catch up to that lady and talk to her, and he replied, "I know." Since she was several blocks away, still moving, and it was night time, we figured it probably wouldn't be too affective for two 20 year old guys to take off running after an old lady, so we headed back to the car and started driving in her direction.

When we rounded the corner we couldn't see her. After driving around for a while we finally spotted her again. We parked the car about 100 feet in front of her and started walking back towards her (No worries, we didn't look like creeps. We planned it out perfectly and it went reeaal smooth haha) As our paths crossed, we started up a conversation. Turns out her Nephew is a member in Mesa and she has been going to church with him off and on for the past couple of years. She had no idea that there was a church just down the road from her home. We talked to her for a little bit longer and testified of how the Gospel could bless her life. We have an appointment set up with her tonight, so I am excited to see how everything goes. I have such a strong testimony of the Holy Ghost. He plays such a huge role in our lives. I know that his promptings are real, they are powerful, but they are also subtle. I am so thankful that three times I was given the prompting to talk to this lady. I know so many times we don't get that lucky. I am thankful for the presence of the Holy Ghost in my life. It is such a huge gift to have his guidance as a constant companion. I love this work and am so thankful to be out here.
As well, Michael Padron just got his children back. They are all getting baptized the 7th of September. It is going to be an awesome experience for their family. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I had to get to be a part of their lives. 

Hope all is well. Love you all!

Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier

No comments:

Post a Comment