Familia,
Man how things have been changing here in the Tempe Mission. It has been an awesome/super busy last couple of weeks. I don't think we have had a moment of spare time the whole time I have been in Phoenix, but it has been good. It has been awesome to see the miracles happening in our zone. We've started to work really closely with the members and I know that as we all combine our efforts, miracles will continue to come.
As well, we are now a Facebook Mission, soon to be having Ipads in the next couple of weeks...pretty crazy how the work is hastening. We had a special Mission Leader Council called this last week, and so Elder Cassiano and I figured that something was up, and then before the meeting when President Toone said, "Give me a second, I have to call Salt Lake to make sure that everything is set up," It pretty much confirmed it for us. When we finally got connected to Salt Lake, the first thing that Brother Donaldson had us turn to was Mathew 24:14 which reads, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." He then stated, "Elders and Sisters, the world is now open."
He proceeded to tell us that in the last 20 years only 4 things had been voted through unanimously in the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 and online proselyting was one of them. Brother Donaldson said that the only thing said after it had been voted through was, "Its about time." We talked a lot about the broadcast that was given on June 23, The Work of Salvation. Regarding this Broadcast, Elder Ballard said something along the lines of, "The Work of Salvation Broadcast was as significant as any event of the Restoration. Just as big as the first vision, just as significant as the coming forth of the Book of Mormon."
It has taken me a long time to process everything, but literally the world is open to missionary work. There isn't a corner in this earth that our efforts as missionaries cannot touch. Soon I will literally be able to teach a lesson all across the world. I can literally sit down with each and every one of you and teach a lesson right in your own home to someone who may be interested in the church, so..... get finding :)
Time and time again I am reminded how key and how perfect God's timing is. Just two weeks ago we found one of the most solid investigators that I have ever found on my mission. She has never known anything about the church or the teachings of Jesus Christ and she has been so eager to learn more. The bad thing was that she was only here on a temporary Visa visiting from Mexico. Saturday as we had our last lesson with her, we testified of the importance of Baptism. As we closed the lesson, we challenged her to be baptized this month. She accepted a date for baptism, and then the next day she returned back home to Mexico. Great thing about it, we already have contact with her. I can still teach her daily on Facebook. We have her address, the missionaries are getting sent over, the Bishop will be informed, and there is no doubt in my mind that she will be baptized in this month. Gods timing is perfect.
I know that in each of our lives, no matter where we may be, as long as we are living as we should, the things that happen were meant to happen. I love this Gospel. I am so excited for the opportunity that I have to share it all over the world, with all of my family and my friends. I love you all and hope everything is going great!
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment