Familia!
Finally, summer is over! From what I've heard this weeks highs are 92. Finally, some cool weather... :)
This week Elder Murphey and I were able to go back to Coolidge for three more baptisms. It always makes my week to be able to go back there. I decided Coolidge will always be my second favorite area right behind the area that I am currently serving in. haha. Its amazing to see what happens in an area when all of the members start looking for opportunities to invite others to come unto Christ. God definitely sends his prepared children to people who are looking to share the Gospel. Phoenix is definitely one of those areas and its awesome to be able to serve here at this time.
This week we had a Mission Leadership Training and we talked a lot about the mission and the things that were going on. Definitely there is proof that God is hastening his work, but along the lines of that you can definitely see that Satan has hastened his work as well. I don't think I have ever seen anyone throughout my mission who has made the decision to be baptized and then everything has been smooth sailing for them. Every single time someone makes that decision it seems like trials come out of no where. Our investigator Rosa is definitely a perfect example of this. We invited Rosa to go to a baptismal service on Saturday morning, but because we had to head down to Coolidge we weren't going to be able to make it to that one. Rosa told us that it was no big deal, she wanted to go and so we didn't need to be there. We made sure that there were members there to greet her and everything was taken care of, so it was all smooth sailing. After the baptism she told us that she wasn't just going to "commit" to be baptized, she was going to do it without a doubt. She is becoming converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it is amazing to see the changes taking place in her life. Well, Sunday morning as we were waiting for Rosa to come to church she sent us a text and said, "Sorry Elders, I wont be able to make it today." We asked her if everything was going ok and we still aren't sure what she mean, but direct translation Spanish to English she said, "My son was attacked by a tire, but he is ok." haha. We are stopping by to see her tonight, so we will definitely find out exactly what happened, but its crazy that people are even facing challenges where tires attack them.... haha. Its always amazing to see as people overcome these challenges and enter into the waters of baptism how blessed they are. I definitely know that Rosa will reach this point
As well this week in the Mission Leadership Meeting that we had we talked a lot about always making sure that we were relying on our Savior for help. Elder Bednar gives a talk where he says something along the lines of, "Isn't it amazing to see how God always calls us when we have no idea what to do, and then as we start thinking we have the hang of it we are released and we receive another calling that we have no idea how to do." As I thought about that I truly believe that it can relate to all times of our lives. Our goal throughout this life is not to just "stay safe" but it is to become something great. It is not to just to do enough to get by, but it is to become something amazing. I know as we 100% rely on heaven and never become self dependent, Christ will be there with us every single step of the way. As we all have those times throughout our lives where we feel lost, where we feel like we have no idea what to do, we can 100% rely on Christ knowing that we are there for a reason and he will help us through. As we rely on Christ always, we will become exactly who we need to be.
Hope all is well! Love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment