Familia!
What a week! Isn't conference amazing? It truly is amazing to have a living Prophet and Apostles on the earth. So many times I talk to people on the street with the outlook that there is no way any good can come from a world like the one we live in. Conference is just a testimony builder to me how much good there is in the world. Sure, the views of the world are moving farther and farther away from the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but those who are living His Gospel are becoming more and more. So many great and powerful talks were given. I definitely know that as we abide by these teaching, that's when true happiness and joy come.
I loved President Uchtdorf's comment, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." How true it is. So many times Satan fills our mind full of meaningless doubts to fight against faith we have earned from a life time of work. As we recognize these doubts as what they are, things will become so much easy as we stay firm to the faith we have developed throughout our lives. President Eyring also mentioned something that I am going to work on for the rest of my life. He said something along the lines of, "I may not be able to change their situation right now, but they CAN know the Lord loves them." There is power in that perspective. No matter what situation someone may be in, no matter how rough things may be, their lives will improve as they truly recognize and understand that the Savior of the world loves them on a personal level. I know as I help others recognize this, not only will my love for them increase, but I will be able to feel of the Saviors love on a more powerful level in my life.
This week Elder Murphey and I have really been focusing on the power of prayer. Elder Holland said something that I really like. He said, "God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe." In the Bible dictionary it talks about how prayer is a means of work by which we obtain blessings. Our Father in Heaven has so many blessings in store for us, and it is amazing that by doing something as simple as a short, heartfelt prayer, blessings can be merited. So many times I feel like we try to take matters into our own hands. We believe that we know enough and can do it by "our own power." However, it is by humility that we will be guided to successes in life.
This week as Elder Murphey and I looked back on how our area was doing, we were happy, things were moving well, but we knew that we weren't doing enough. We decided prayer needed to take a more vital role in our day. As we have sought out constant direction from God, it has been amazing to see the miracles that have come. Not only have the investigators we have been teaching progress even faster, but we have been lead and guided to the prepared. Last night for example we sat in our car looking at our plans for the night. Both of us felt like we needed to say a prayer to make sure we were going exactly where we needed to be going. As we said a prayer, our plans were confirmed and we headed out to do our visits. As we were finishing up the night, one of the most distinct impressions came to my mind. I remembered that we had talked to this man a couple of weeks earlier. The conversation was short, he was in a hurry, but he said that we could stop by again later on. As this experience came to mind, Elder Murphey and I decided it would be good to make that last visit before we headed in for the night. As we pulled up to that same house we were at a few weeks prior, a couple people were standing outside talking. As we walked up to them one of them said, "Hey Elders, my brother was an Elder. He just got married to a Mormon a little while back." We talked to him for a little while about his brothers mission in Chile, and a little bit about the church. His brother is the only member in the family, and he had several questions about the church. A couple more members of the family came out and asked us if we would be willing to come back tonight for a short visit.
I know that prompting that I receive was a direct relation to the prayer that we said earlier. As we let God know that we would be willing to heed any prompting we received, he gladly lead and guided us to exactly where we needed to be. I know that our Father has so much in store for each and every one of us, and as we prayerfully seek for answers/guidance, as said in the scriptures, everything will be for our good.
I love you all and hope everything is going well! Take Care!
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment