Christmas in Tempe is WEIRD. I keep seeing all these houses covered in Christmas lights and its 70 degrees outside. Just doesn't feel right, but hey I can't complain.
This week was a pretty good week. We had Evelia's baptism and it was a super awesome experience. We have a lot of support from the spanish ward, and they instantly accepted her into the ward. There was a lot of support at the baptism and it was just an all around awesome experience. It was kind of just a miracle baptism that just fell into our laps. She is already so converted to the gosple and is planning on leaving on a mission within a year. It is truly humbling to see how this is the Lord's work, and he is going before us finding people and preparing them.
We have also had a few lessons with an in-active member of the church. Her name is Rosa and we just ran into her while we were walking on the street. She said she has really wanting to go back to church, but she is embarrassed because she hasn't been for two years. We were able to have some really powerful lessons with her. She is really nervous because she only works on Saturday and Sunday and knows that if she loses this job she will lose her house. We testified that the Lord will not give us a commandment that he will not prepare a way to accomplish it, and yesterday she talked to her boss. I'm not sure how it went, but I should know fairly soon. I have truly been able to see how the Lord really does make a way for us to accomplish all of the commandments, especially on this mission. I have never seen his helping hand so much in my life as I have these last few months. I know that he truly will bless us as we strive to do our part to come closer unto him.
Anyway, I better get going. We are going to go play basketball with some youth from our ward. I'm stoked to talk to you all tomorrow! take care and love you all.
Con Amor,
Elder Jurgensmeier
No comments:
Post a Comment